Here a few unrelated things from this weekend:
1. Hurricane Sandy merely passed us by way off the coastline bringing us nothing but wind, not even a drop of rain, which our yard could have used. However, the wind did a little bit of damage and snapped our ornamental pear tree in half.
I hope that all of you in the path of this huge storm will stay safe!
2. I finished another painting, which took a looooong time to come together. At some point, I actually thought it was finished, only to discover that I was so mistaken. It still wanted more. But now it feels "right."
Mixed Media on 11" x 14" canvas
I have it listed for sale here.
3. I've been doing a good bit of knitting and "stuff" for my crafty store.
4. Two nights ago, it was so windy that I had trouble sleeping. So, I got on the computer and promptly signed up for a sewing class on Craftsy called Stitch and Slash. It's basically working with fabrics like I like to paint - with lots of layers and texture. I know I'm going to love it!!
5. I'd have gotten going with the sewing already, except that I am traveling with a box of Kleenex these days - I've caught a little cold and am taking it easy. Hopefully next week I'll be back to my usual energy level...
Until then, I will be thinking of all of you in the path of Hurricane Sandy!! Stay safe!
P.S. Thanks for all of your understanding and encouraging comments on my last blog post! Yes, blogging is supposed to be fun!! And today, it is!! :)