Monday, January 28, 2013

Back to blogging...


I've been gone from my blog for a little while which is always unusual for me. It always means that life has been too full for me to take the time to write about it. 
And when life gets that way, I have a hard time jumping back in because I feel the need to tell you all that has happened, but it's too much and I don't know where to start. 
Suffice it to say for now that all is very well and I am getting back to my art and my knitting and am enjoying the sunny and milder weather here in Savannah.
Our yard has been busy with many birds and the occasional baby raccoons to keep us entertained.
I've been keeping the closeup camera lens handy so I can snap a few pictures when I see lots of activity in our garden.
I love the splash of color the male cardinals provide in a winter garden!


And here's some sunshine for you! Our daffodils are blooming. Can you believe it?!?
I hope you are all doing well and that I'll get to visit your blogs soon!! I've missed you and am glad to be back to my blogging routine...

Silke

12 comments:

  1. oh wow,,,,daffs....and we are under lots of snow...looks refreshing! I love the racoons too. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What garden delights!!!! Especially amazing as constrasting to our frigid Maine days & nights! I'm glad you're enjoying your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Silke,

    bei dir ist es so schön wie im
    Märchen.

    In Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like lots of activity going on in savannah! :-) I love the raccoon and cardinal photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ach, sind das schön Bilder liebe Silke!

    lg Rein

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daffodils already! Love those baby raccoons. Glad they are in a tree. We had some that took up residence down our chimney!! We thought we would never get them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby raccoons - how adorable are they! And daffodils already, now you have me almost green with envy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gosh - those baby raccoons are gorgeous! Our Snowdrops are just about peeping their white heads out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love the baby raccoons but the shot of the cardinal just landing, that would have made me so happy to capture that!!
    We also have some daffs coming out now, hasn't our weather in Georgia been crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Silke,
    I'm so glad you left me a comment so I could stop by and "meet" you! Your blog is lovely. I enjoyed your pics of nature and I look forward to following you! Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your beautiful life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silke! I have been thinking of you!! Glad to hear you are doing well! I was going to email you. :)

    Love these photos! Is that a fox in the tree? How cute is he!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your yard birds. I've always wanted to see a Cardinal. Raccoons are fun too!

    ~ Sherrie (Bird Lady)

    http://www.birdladyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete