Sunday, August 2, 2009

Friends Around the World

This is the first of three awards I recently received, so I am going to do this in a couple of posts (don't want to make these too long). Both Jo of Peaceofpi Studio and Sarah of Theothermousie honored me with this International Bloggers Community award!

Right there you can see the international nature of blogging.

Jo is an incredibly talented mixed media artist in Canada. Her blog is filled with her wonderful art, her jewelry, her interesting musings and her beautiful photography. She has left encouraging comments on my blog pretty much from the beginning and I consider her a dear blogging friend.

The same goes for Sarah, who lives in England, is an energetic mother of three and creates the most wonderful creatures from felt, socks, buttons and her unlimited creativity. Her blog is filled with her fun creations, her fantastic sense of humor, her inspiring writing and amazing photos! Plus, she loves cake!!

Thank you both for thinking of me and your kind words about my blog and me!!

Now to the award. I am going to stay with the international theme and send you around the world to some of my favorite blogs.

The rules of the award:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Copy the image above, the rules and this post.
3. Post this in one or all of your blogs.
4. Answer the four questions following these Rules.
5. Recruit at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll by sharing this with them.
6. Come back to
BLoGGiSTa iNFo CoRNeR (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK) at http://bloggistame.blogspot.com and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.
7. Have Fun!

Questions & Your Answers:

1. The person who tagged you: Sarah
2. His/her site's title and url: http://theothermousie.blogspot.com/
3. Date when you were tagged:
July 30, 2009

1. The person who tagged you: Jo
2. His/her site's title and url: http://pistudio.blogspot.com/
3. Date when you were tagged:
July 31, 2009
4. Persons you tagged: are as follows...

Julie-Ann of Heavenleigh Art (Great Britain)- Whenever I see a new piece of art she has created, my breath catches. Her sense of color and design are just amazing. Add to that her sweet and loving nature and you have a perfect combination.

Natasha of She Left on a Monday (Australia) - Natasha is a young lawyer with a wicked sense of humor, who loves to travel and takes absolutely gorgeous photos! Most of the time I read her posts, she has me laughing out loud!

Rein of Plezier Met Papier (Germany) - Rein is a super talented mixed media artist, working mainly with collage and stamping. Her pieces are gorgeous and I feel inspired every time I visit her blog. I am also impressed that she writes many of her posts in German, Dutch, and English!

Katherine of Just a Girl (New Zeeland) - Katherine works in mixed media and creates the most wonderful paintings. To me they convey a mood that (for some reason) makes me homesick for Europe every time. Maybe it's the colors she uses or the quiet feeling of the girls she paints...I don't know. I do know that I love her art!

Amalia of El blog de Amalia (Spain) - I met Amalia, a talented artist who lives in Spain, early on in my blogging "career." We noticed that we were visiting each other's blogs until one day one of us said hello. From this came a lovely blogging friendship and mutual inspiration!

Char and Tam of We Blog Artists (Canada & Great Britain) - If you need a double dose of inspiration, visit Char and Tam's blog. Between those two close friends, they have a strong hold on creativity. You'll be treated to fun and whimsical watercolors, colorful murals, inspiring photos and uplifting writing. Visit a few times and you'll feel a part of their families...

Caroline of Caroline's Studio (Malaysia) - Caroline found my blog one day through Illustration Friday (I think) and I am so glad she left a comment. Her blog has been a wonderful inspiration to me - not only is she a gifted artist, but she will take you on a trip around the world with her photography!

Tessa of An Aerial Armadillo (Great Britain w/ an African Connection) - Tessa now lives in England, but grew up in Africa, which shows in everything on her blog. If you haven't yet seen her art, you must - it show a symphony of colors celebrating Africa in every brush stroke. But you won't just love her art, but her writing, her photos and her great sense of humor!

Geninne of Geninne's Art Blog (Mexico) - I just recently discovered Geninne's blog and am totally in love with her art! Make sure you visit not only her blog, but her flickr photos to look at her fantastic art journals! Amazing!!

Annika of Illustrasjon i Soon (Norway) - Annika is a talented illustrator from Norway. We found each other in the blog world early on and I can't imagine blogging without getting to look at her inspiring paintings and drawings or without reading her sweet comments on my posts.

There are so many more of you who inspire me here in the US and across the world, but I'll leave with these nine blogs to check out.

I have to say that when I started blogging, I never even thought about the connections I'd create with all of you. This medium is truly revolutionizing how we define friendships! I am truly grateful for all of you...and am happy to discover from my last few posts that there are so many dog, cat, food and bread lovers among you!

10 comments:

  1. wow thanks Silke for the award! I am honored and feeling a little shy now.

    thanks
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible list of international blogs, Silke! I can't wait to visit them.

    Congratulations to all for receiving the award. You do so much to make the world a smaller place.

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing....amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your award Silke! You are so sweet. Lots of Norwegian creative hugs Annika:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your very kind words Silke - this award is much deserved by you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award silke, you are so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on your awards, silke! it truly is an international community....thanks for introducing us to so many of your new friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silke! Thank you SO much for passing on your hugely well deserved award to me as well - I'm absolutely thrilled to bits and pieces to be included amongst all those wonderful bloggers. WoW! I shall wear the award with great pride on my blog. Thank you and a big jet-propelled hug across the pond to you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh Silke! Congrats to you and a big thank you too for thinking of me for this award - I'm really honoured! Isn't it wonderful to be making so many international friends through blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Silke! I didn't see this post before, thanks for telling me.
    Thank you so much for your award... I think is too much for me... But I'll try to be worth of it, doing more art.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete