Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Potpourri

Good morning, friends and Happy Sunday!!

1. For Christmas, my sister and her family gave me a Troll Bead charm bracelet with a very beautiful glass bead. Because the beads are somewhat pricey, it's going to take me a while to fill up the bracelet.
In the meantime, I found a youtube tutorial (click here for the link) on how to make beads from paper and made eight of them yesterday! I might make some more today. They aren't as stunning as the glass beads, of course, but they still look great I think.

2. The results of last weeks life drawing class. It was a whole different story to draw someone with glasses - so much more going on with the shadows: deep shadows, lighter shadows cast by the glass, shadows through the glass, etc.
I kept having to tell myself to just draw what I saw and not what my brain was telling me. In the end, the drawing pretty much looked like the model and I was very happy with it.

3. I did some more tweaking with my oil painting and it is now done. Signed and done!
 I am so pleased with it and enormously proud! She is hanging in our living room until she's completely dry and ready to be varnished.
After that she might wander into my Etsy shop or she might stay put in our living room. I'm still quite attached to her.
4. I had mentioned before that last year there was a lot of emotional upheaval in my life and for that reason I somehow felt I needed to hang on to everything, including my art. That energy has shifted and I listed most of my artwork in my Etsy Shop. I am ready for my babies to fly the coop... You can click here to have a look or on the Etsy links on my left sidebar. I'll be adding more as I create more.


5. I am also selling my knitting, crocheting and sewing again, but I have migrated that shop from Etsy to eBay. I seem to be doing better selling my scarves and things on eBay. If you want to have a look (there is lots to choose from, crazy knitter that I am!), click here or on the eBay link on my right sidebar. I'm adding new items all the time...

That was it for the potpourri of stuff on my mind...

I wish you a wonderful and relaxing Sunday!!

Silke

14 comments:

  1. Sound like your metamorphosis has taken on a growth spurt!!! I"m sooo happy for you!!! Happy SUnday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of paper beads until I was given a few dangly stitch markers made with paper beads. Very pretty! They are now providing a little bit of multicolor zing against the solid blue yarn currently on the needles.
    Isn't it refreshing when the time is right to let things go? Onward to more wonderful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely your bracelet looks, and the paper beads are looking good until you can fill the chain. We did the same for our daughter while she was waiting to fill the chain with the real thing. Your latest charcoal is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that the emotional upheaval in your life, has shifted. And you feel like letting go of things, which you formerly, could not. Sounds as if you are now in a happier place.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at some Troll Beads yesterday! They are indeed lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Silke,

    ein sonniger Sonntag geht zu Ende.

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. the paper beads are beautiful, I didn't realise they were paper at first! I'm visiting from GYB, nope still not finished hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to see you are moving into a better place in your life - wow!! you are a busy lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you really did capture the model with the glasses. I wear glasses and it is hard to get a good picture even with a camera. Great job, Silke. I still love your first oil ... seems to me, being the first, you aught to hold on to it. Then over the years you will be able to see your progress.

    I have had that issue of not wanting to let go of something I created ... never attached it to my mood or situation ... just possessive, I guess. With photo art and digital handling, I can let go and still have it for myself so it seems to be easier. Keep up the good work Silke ... you are getting closer to the top of your game.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  10. We made paper beads and necklaces from them in elementary school, I loved them! Of course they never looked as good as the ones on your bracelet; for one thing, they never were so shiny. Yours don't even look as if made from paper!
    Funny how things sometimes are different than what we expected, isn't it. Like you not selling your knitting etc. so well on Etsy, but better on Ebay. My Mum thought she was going to sell a lot more of her hand-knitted socks on Etsy when she first started that, but apart from a few very loyal customers, she has not sold much at all, in spite of everyone telling her how lovely her socks are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting about phases of life & how they affect creativity...Love the beads!! Love especially the drawing, such modeling of form! You do inspire me with your clear creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be totally ecstatic if anything that i drew looked even remotely as good as this.l Think you are doing great! and love your bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feb. 22

    It's been a while, since you have posted. In hopes that you are just super busy. And you are simply too busy to post...

    Just checking... :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  14. My arty tea party gang had a paper bead making party once. It was terrific! And there are so many possibilities! Nicely done! I'm gonna pop in on your ebay shop now! Have a great day! Aloha

    ReplyDelete