Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kindnesses - Vicki

Over the past few weeks, several bloggers have presented me with awards, included some of my creations in their treasuries and blogged about me. I was going to do one post about all of those, but they all deserve separate mention. So this is the first in a series I call "kindnesses."
In late October I had the great pleasure and privilege to meet one of my blogging friends, the beautiful, generous and talented Vicki of 2 Bags Full. If you haven't visited her blog, you MUST. She creates the most gorgeous nests out of yarn, ribbons and all sorts of embellishments. This one has found it's home in our living room and I adore it every day. I think the glamour bird really loves it as well...
And for Christmas, another surprise is waiting for me. Daniel (with my help...) got me one of her limited edition shorebird nests and I cannot wait to open it!! It's amazing that I've been able to restrain myself - I think when I was younger I would have sneaked a peek... But soon!!!
Isn't this a fun picture of Daniel, Vicki, me and Vicki's lovely friend Marsha?! Oh, we could have talked for hours and hours had they not needed to get back on the road. They still had a lot of driving to do. But I am sure we'll meet again... And, thank you, Vicki, for the beautiful yarn you gave to me. It is still waiting for the perfect knitting project for myself!

To read more about our meeting and their trip to Florida, click here. You'll love it!! And while you are on her blog, make sure you enter her latest giveaway - a Vera Bradley purse!

11 comments:

  1. It's always fun and exciting to meet a fellow blogger. I've only met one so far, but once I have wheels again, I'm planning on stopping to visit a couple right here in GA ;-)

    Nice photo of all of you -everyone looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,

    das hast du wieder sehr schön gestaltet.

    Herzliche Grüße und eine gute Vorweihnachtszeit
    Angela und Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silke - what a wonderful surprise! I am still talking about meeting you and Daniel and what a great time we all had! I sure could use that wonderful evening sun that we all enjoyed that afternoon - it has been snowing here - sleeting on top of that and I just got home from being trapped at the hospital for 4 days!

    This is a wonderful series that you are starting with your blog - what a wonderful way to give recognition to friends - only you would be so thoughtful!

    I hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation - hope to hear all about it soon!

    I have the perfect pattern for you to use for that yarn - please remind me to send it to you!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. Love the yarn art and what a great time it looks like you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, the talent that surrounds us all. what a gift.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yarn art! Very creative. I'd just visited Daniel's Blog a while ago, and realised what a perfect couple that made you both. His page was breathing Art as well!

    Smiles,
    Silver

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Silke, I love Vicki's blog! I've been a follower for a little while now. One day I'm going to own one of her nests too!! :-) BTW, I love the kindnesses feature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, ich turne auch schon um Pakete rum:-) Happy weekend Hugs Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you got to meet one of your blogging friends! That's awesome. Vicki seems very talented - thank you for sharing her creations with us! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo Silke,
    das ist wirklich klasse. Ich hatte auch schon die Freude eine andere Bloggerin kennenzulernen.
    Ich fand es toll.
    Ich wünsch dir einen schönen 4. Advent.

    ReplyDelete