Friday, February 12, 2016

Bears, Owls and more

Another week has passed and it's time for Paint Party Friday and to show you what I've been creating since last time.
This is a large (for me) canvas that had been sitting for weeks with the outline of the bears, but no progress. I just wasn't inspired, so I waited until it was time.
Annie Hamman's class (see my last post) unlocked something in me and suddenly I wanted to play with this painting again. Play is the operative word.
I played with color, fluid paint, stencils, fingerprints, big brushes, little brushes, stamps and anything else that struck my fancy.
I just kept going, layer after layer until it felt complete. It was so much fun to create!
After the last layer of the bear painting, I had some paint leftover on my palette and just started another canvas.
Again making sure I stay playful with my art using stencils (how did I not have any for all these years?!?),
 a few collage pieces from old books for texture,
 and more stencils and drips.
 I have no idea where this is heading and that's ok. I'll find out soon enough.
And now a few small paintings, I completed. Not as many as I had planned, but we were away last weekend and the bigger paintings took up some of my time.
The little fox above I finished yesterday. The colors are a bit unusual for me, but it came together nicely.
The two beluga whales above remain somewhat etherial and I like it. I've seen them once in an aquarium and what magnificent and graceful creatures they are. I loved how they actually interacted with the people standing in front of them, especially the children.
Ah, and an owl. I love owls! We hear them here almost every morning, but it's rare that we glimpse one. If you are interested in any of my art, the links to my various shops are in the sidebar.

I am linking to Paint Party Friday, a fantastic gallery of beautiful and diverse artwork, lovingly hosted by Kristin and Eva. It's always a pleasure to visit.

Until next week, I wish you creative and peaceful days, joy in your life and fun surprises sprinkled throughout!

Silke

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful art full of fantasy and colour, love it. 'Bärenstark'
    Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love them. Haven't done something like that for a long time. I have so new pastels I want to try out. Would be great for this type.I like the greens your used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour chère amie,

    C'est un véritable régal que de vous visiter. Du bonheur en couleurs et j'aime la naissance de tous ces animaux.
    Très belles oeuvres.

    Je vous fais de gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Lots of wonderful color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silke you need to reenter your link as it's not working on ppf!! Love the bears, oh my, they are amazing as are the rest of these phenomenal works!! The dolphins are so full of movement, the fox is adorable...love how you do eyes!!The owl is fierce...wonderful job on everything!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors. Love your sense of freedom when you play with paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- these are beautiful. I don't know which I like the best but those bears are fantastic. I love all the bold colors you used. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love... The fox is my fav this time.
    Happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! The fox is beautiful, and very unusual in that he is green. Love the little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wundervolle Werke entstehen da bei dir liebe Silke. Diese Mutter und Kind Variation bei den Tieren finde ich sehr schön. Deine tollen Hintergrund-Texturen mag ich auch sehr.
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Sabine xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! All of it. Your work makes me smile, Silke!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know how much I love your art. Bold and happy and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow some lovely pieces, glad you got your inspiration flowing starting with the first board!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work this week! Colorful yet mysterious. Love your animals. Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bear painting is amazing. Love your work. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete