Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Theme and New Paintings

Dear friends! Time is flying by. I cannot believe that January is already gone and today is the first day of February. I try to savor every day, but somehow they get away from me....
Raven Magic
Acrylics on 12 x 12 in. canvas
Remember how before the new year, I drew an oracle card for each month to give me a theme to relax into and explore. Of course I use an animal oracle deck (surprise, surprise!), which I just love and my theme animal for the month of February is the Dove.
The Root of All Wisdom
Acrylics on 24 x 24 in. canvas
I had completely forgotten about it. This afternoon I sat in our yard with Daniel and heard a pair of doves cooing and said to him that I don't know why, but that is one of the most peaceful sounds for me. I think I associate it with summertime when I was a kid. It's peaceful and comforting and makes me feel loved and safe.
Leading with Love
Acrylics on 12 x 24 in. canvas
The symbolism for the dove is (among others, I'm sure) hope, serenity, slowing down, breathing and inner peace. I like all of that and need more of it as I plunge head-first fully into my life as an artist.

I am looking forward to this new month. To relaxing into my inner peace, to breathing deeply and remembering to take time to just be.

Wishing you inner peace, hope and lots of love! And a few giggles along the way...

Silke
P.S. You'd think I'd have painted a dove for this, but not so. I hope you enjoy my other paintings instead. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Silke!
    Love your paintings! I love the sound of the doves too, they remind me of England and Georgia!
    Have a colorful and creative February! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got the entire month of February to paint a dove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the cooing of doves. It is one of my very earliest memories about sound. I must have been not yet 3 years old and playing in the sandbox our grandparents had set up for my sister and me in the shade underneath the beech tree in their back garden. It was cool and green all around, so that we could play there for what felt like hours without getting too hot from the sun. I knew Oma and Opa were nearby, probably even within sight. And like you, I felt completely safe, and loved - although of course back then I did not think along those lines, I just WAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Silke,

    von meinem Besuch bei dir,
    bleibt ein lieber Gruß hier.

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those paintings, especially the elephant.

    ReplyDelete