Thursday, May 8, 2014

Of Old Things...

This morning, as I was making tea for Daniel to take to work, my eye was caught by all the red in this little "still life with thermos."

I don't know about you, but Daniel and I use things up. We never need the latest gadget and when we get one, we use it until it doesn't work anymore. The same with cars. Or clothes. Or anything really.
When we moved into the first house we bought in Michigan in the early 90s, a few things were left behind by the previous owners. One of them was this thermos, which I am sure was already well used. And it still is. Nearly every morning for the past eight years I have filled it with tea for Daniel to take to school.

Do you have things like that? Oldies, but goodies?

Silke

5 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    das ist eine schöne Erinnerung an
    die Thermoskanne.

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like us, particularly my husband. We just bought a new TV-the old one was 24 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's how you(anyone and everyone) are raised. I use the same things every day in the kitchen. Clothes!!! I am still wearing a jacket that I bought back in 1986 that is made of linen. I only have 6 pairs of shoes and get so annoyed when a pair finally wears out and I have to buy a new pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Silke,

    ich habe noch eine alte Hand-Kaffeemühle von meiner Oma, die sie früher tatsächlich benutzte. Die Schublade, mit der der gemahlene Kaffee aufgefangen wurde, beherbergte sogar noch einige Krümel, als ich sie bekam. Ich trinke keinen Kaffee, deshalb steht sie bei mir in der Küche auf dem Regal.

    Fröhliche Grüße "über den Teich"

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Here's my story-- about 20 years ago I was picking berries and I found an OLD well used Tupperware bowl sitting in the patch-- full of berries. There was no one around-- I'm sure someone had sat it down and lost it. I took it home of course- berries and all-- to this day it is still my favorite bowl to use when I'm baking!

    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete